Praxair Named a Top 25 Noteworthy Company by DiversityInc
May 10, 2016
DANBURY, Conn., May 10, 2016 – Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX), a leading global industrial gas company, announced today that it has been named to DiversityInc's 2016 list of 25 Noteworthy Companies for Diversity. This distinction is awarded to companies that have shown continued momentum in diversity and inclusion practices. Praxair was also ranked third on the list of Top 10 Companies for Opportunities, which recognizes companies demonstrating fairness in hiring, retention and nurturing of diverse talent.
DiversityInc is a leading magazine whose mission is to bring education and clarity to the business benefits of diversity. The publication considered more than 1,000 companies that were judged on four equally weighted areas: Talent Pipeline, Equitable Talent Development, CEO/Senior Leadership Commitment and Supplier Diversity. Each company’s rank was measured by objective analysis of 183 separate factors, based on data from a 300-question survey. Additionally, DiversityInc considered other efforts and indicators of commitment that the organization believed were noteworthy.
"This honor is a direct reflection of our employees’ dedication to workplace diversity and we are proud to have been recognized by DiversityInc,” said Praxair Chief Diversity Officer Vanessa Abrahams-John. “We work hard to foster an environment that values new ideas, celebrates our differences and attracts and develops employees as diverse as the communities where we live and work.”
Praxair supports a number of employee-driven initiatives that reinforce the company’s focus on diversity and inclusion, including:
- employee resource groups that provide support, development and networking opportunities for millennials, women, the LGBT community, veterans and ethnic minorities;
- unconscious bias training for managers across the company;
- formal and informal mentoring programs; and
- scholarship support for students of diverse backgrounds who are studying engineering or other STEM disciplines.
The company has also been recognized for its achievements globally. For example:
- Praxair received 95 out of 100 possible points on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index 2016 for workplace advocacy and inclusion initiatives for LGBT employees.
- Praxair Korea received the 2016 Korea Women HR Award from the Women's Development Institute for female employment and development, and creative diversity practices.
- White Martins, Praxair’s Brazil-based subsidiary, was named as a recipient of the PR News 2016 Diversity in PR Award for its outstanding efforts communicating diversity and inclusion.
Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2015 sales of $11 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.