Praxair Global Safety, Health & Environmental Policy
This policy describes how Praxair conducts its business and how employees shall conduct themselves in support of Praxair’s safety, health, and environmental policy. This policy is aligned with the Responsible Care® Guiding Principles and Responsible Care Management System®, to which Praxair is also committed and is externally certified.
Visit our Product Stewardship section to learn more about Responsible Care.
This policy applies to all Praxair businesses, employees, and facilities worldwide. Praxair will endeavor to have affiliated companies and joint ventures in which it or a subsidiary does not have a majority interest, or in which it is otherwise precluded from establishing safety, health, or environmental practices, adopt measures that provide comparable protection.
Implement and maintain programs that provide reasonable assurance that Praxair will:
- Comply with all applicable government and internal health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Design facilities and conduct operations in a way that avoids unacceptable risk to human health, safety, and the environment.
- Produce and sell products that, if manufactured, used, handled, stored, distributed, and disposed of using Praxair's product safety communications and common safety practices, do not present an unacceptable risk to human health, safety, or the environment.
- Conduct appropriate research and communicate the known hazards of its products and operations with relevant health, safety, and environmental protection information to potentially affected persons.
- Establish and present responsible and consistent positions to governments and the public concerning health, safety, and environmental matters affecting products and operations.
- Promote openness with stakeholders.
- Remain committed to a continuous improvement process for safety, health, and environmental matters.
- Communicate this policy to all Praxair employees
- Report any noncompliance or suspected noncompliance from this policy to Praxair management
Safety Principles for Employee Conduct
All Praxair employees shall conduct themselves in accordance with the following global principles:
- Accidents and injuries are preventable.
- Safety is line management accountability.
- You are responsible for your own safety.
- All employees are obligated to stop a job or refuse to perform a job if it is not safe or cannot be performed safely.
- Efforts in safety will yield results.
- Safety is a condition of your employment.